PSA Challenges Gay Men To Stay Celibate For One Year – So They Can Donate Blood
The hilarious #celibacychallenge campaign video, starring Alan Cumming, hopes to challenge the FDA’s current policy stating that gay men can only donate blood after abstaining from sex for an entire year.
1. In case you didn’t know, the U.S. The Food and Drug Administration recently relaxed its policy on gay men donating blood…
2. … sort of.
3. Thankfully a very helpful #CelibacyChallenge PSA, starring Alan Cumming, has been released that will help everyone save lives!
4. The PSA, created by GLAAD and Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC), lists several activities you can partake in during the 365 days you won’t be having sex:
5. You could take a pottery class:
6. Learn the calming art of yoga:
7. Join a Civil War reenactment:
8. Work. It. Out:
9. Learn a new skill, such as carpentry:
10. Learn other, er, arts and crafts:
11. Clean your house:
12. Practice poppin’ bottles for New Year’s:
13. Or, as the video points out, you could sign GLAAD and GMHC’s petition to pressure the FDA to change their policy.
“Stereotypes have no place in saving lives,” said GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis in the press release for the campaign. “The FDA’s proposed change still means that countless gay and bisexual men will be turned away from blood banks simply because of who they are. GLAAD is proud to stand alongside GMHC and Saatchi & Saatchi NY to shed light on this important issue.”
14. Sign the petition and learn more about the #CelibacyChallenge right here.
Previous Post: Thought It Would Be Awesome…
Next Post: 10 Of The World’s Greatest Unsolved Mysteries. I’d Never Even Heard Of #7.