17 Questions Everyone Has During Shamrock Shake Season
1. WHAT IS IT?
A seasonal minty ice cream shake with a touch of vanilla and just a wee little sprinkle of leprechaun tears. Happy tears, obviously. McDonald’s offers it in the weeks leading up to St. Patrick’s Day.
3. How do they get it that color?!
It’s a St. Patrick’s Day secret.*
4. Isn’t it too cold to drink a milkshake this time of year?
Who hurt you? NO. IT’S NEVER TOO COLD FOR A SHAMROCK SHAKE.
5. How minty is it, really?
It’s like if a mint plant gently kissed a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then both danced together on a cloud.
6. Wait, so it isn’t lime-flavored?
No, but it used to be!
7. Are you SURE? I’m tasting lime here.
TBH, people keep arguing about this and probably always will. It tastes like GREEN. Let’s just all agree on that.
8. Is mint lonely without chocolate?
Yes, very. Maybe try a Choc-rock Shake.
9. Is it OK to be totally weirded out by this color, though? I mean, it’s like. EXTREMELY GREEN.
It’s OK. It’s a pretty intense shade of green.
10. Will the Shamrock Shake clash with my outfit?
Maybe. This is why you must take care to accessorize accordingly. This milkshake isn’t for AMATEURS.
11. What if I added booze to it?
You’d be a hero. A drunken, dancing hero.
13. Can I dip my fries into it?
You do you, boo.
14. Can I perhaps dip one or several cookies into it?
Yes. This is, in fact, a next-level genius move.
15. How do I know where to find it?
The same way everyone knows everything else: The Internet. Here’s a handy online shake tracker.
16. Why does this make me so happy?
17. What if I want Shamrock Shake to be my love forever?
Whoa there. Shamrock Shake can’t be tied down to one person. Shamrock Shake loves you, but it has to be free.