Meet the WSJ’s typical Twitter user: 28-year-old American woman who loves her iPhone
The Wall Street Journal conducted a survey using millions of Twitter profiles to produce a composite of the typical user. No word yet on whether she is related to Julia, the composite woman in Obama’s life.
More of the WSJ‘s details:
She’s American, 28, has 208 followers, loves her iPhone, talks endlessly about her family and fashion – and her favorite color is purple.
Here are some other results from the survey :
- Roughly half of all tweets are sent from the U.S.
- Members follow fewer people than follow them.
- Female users outnumber males by 53% to 47%.
- Women tweet more about family and fashion.
- Men prefer to tweet about sports and technology.
- The average user has sent nearly 800 Tweets.
@jlmadridfederer well my fave color is blue bit otherwise…
— Melissa(@onlymystory) October 14, 2012
— Zach Perry (@ad1220) October 14, 2012
“@wsj: Survey: Typical Twitter user is a 28-year-old woman with an iPhone – and her favorite color is purple”…guilty
— Luc (@Clintronn) October 14, 2012
— Alexandra Malo (@AlexandraMalo) October 14, 2012