These Couples Braved Freezing Weather And Bad Luck For True Love
It was Friday the 13th with a wind chill of -21, but these adorable couples still tied the knot.
1. Friday morning in New York City was not for the faint of heart: wind chills at -21 on a day that’s ripe with superstition.
3. …the world was frigid and dead.
Frozen sidewalks, leafless trees, metal so cold it could burn you.
4. But inside the building, at 8:30 AM, there was enough love to warm even the coldest heart.
6. They stood in line, they waited their turn…
9. Some were casual and bundled up.
10. Some bought bright bouquets from the gift shop…
11. …and some bought sentimental souvenirs.
12. Some were poised and formal…
13. …and some were cozy and cute.
15. But they all went up to the counter as two…
16. …and left as one.
18. …was no match for their commitment to each other.
19. For one brief moment, all was simple and still.
20. And the weather, though brutal, was no match for the pure joy of being together.
21. After all, who needs luck when you have love?
Previous Post: NYT: ‘We had a reporter on the scene during the [Benghazi] attack’
Next Post: What Is This Little Creature?