This Is What Happened When I Tried To Call Big Sean
1. Big Sean’s third studio album, Dark Sky Paradise, is set to be released on February 24. And like many albums past, it’s leaked a week early.
Def Jam Records / Via en.wikipedia.org
2. The album features several guest appearances including ones from Kanye West, Drake, and even his girl Ariana Grande.
Jason Merritt / Getty Images
3. But even more exciting, the album features Big Sean’s personal cell phone number.
4. YOU HEARD ME.
5. So there I was on the bus, listening to the album during my morning commute. I’m on the 12th track, “Outro,” when suddenly Big Sean rattles off a cell phone number.
6. “Say I’m hard to get in contact with, oh is that true? Well what about now? 313-515-8772, bitch call me.”
7. Did Big Sean just pull a Mike Jones? Immediately I skip back, and back again, to make sure I was hearing things correctly.
MTV / Via giphy.com
9. Instead of calling immediately, I google the area code. Detroit. OK, well that checks out.
10. Then I turned to Twitter for further guidance.
11. On that note, I finally muster up the courage to call, hoping that 9:30 a.m. isn’t too early for Sean.
12. I dial the number and wait. “Sean Don.” I GASP. Immediately I respond, “HELLO!?” But before I knew it, my dreams were shattered.
13. I fell for the old answering machine trick. Turns out the mailbox was full, so I wasn’t able to leave a message. Clearly, I wasn’t the first person to give him a ring.
ABC / Via giphy.com
14. I decided I might as well shoot him a text that he’ll never read.
15. I’m not too torn up about it though.
Nicole Williams / Ramapo News